Often while running you experience excruciating pain, feel out of breath and fatigue. One might wonder why? A good run depends on your training and in order to train efficiently one needs to focus on food.
Yes, feed that belly to make those legs run.
Here are best 7 foods to increase stamina for running. Instead of blaming your age, your body type or even your mind — It might just be about eating right.
If you want to increase your running pace you need both Strength & Stamina. Now, neither strength nor stamina can be bought from a supermarket. It all comes by making a lifestyle change.
That change is possible by incorporating good eating habits. Eating the right kind of nutrient at the right time and in right quantities will help increase your stamina for running.
Some of the resistance-boosting foods are Corn, Chicken, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Beetroot Juice, Eggs, Pomegranates.
Plan to kill in your next run session read on,
- Corn: While increasing stamina one might always think that it comes from eggs and meat. On the contrary, there are a lot of natural sources of gaining stamina.
Corn makes it to the top of our list. Rich in vitamins, minerals & nutrients. It also contains antioxidants and helps boost metabolism significantly. Corn is also one of the best forms of carbohydrates. It helps improve heart function and lower cholesterol levels. Glycogen in the corn helps instantly generate energy and boost stamina.
- Chicken: An excellent source of lean protein, it promotes growth & development of muscles. Chicken is proven to improve stamina & immunity. Runners need strength to rebuild muscles. Proteins in the chicken provide the runner with stamina.
It also contains selenium which protects the muscle from damage that may occur during exercise. The niacin (Vitamine B) in Chicken regulates fat burning during a run. The versatility of Chicken makes it one of the best foods to increase stamina.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is classified under complex carbohydrates. It is an unprocessed carb and since it digests slowly it creates an illusion of a feeling fuller for a long time. While it may take a while to digest oatmeal, it provides an instant supply of energy. The complex carbs in the oatmeal keep the blood sugar levels maintained.
- Peanut Butter : Whether you prefer the creamy variant or the crunchy one, Peanut butter is an ideal food to increase stamina. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids that reduce pain, improve the health of your heart and boosts brainpower. Peanut butter is rich in calories and digests slow. It is the super snack and acts as a reservoir of energy for your body. It contains healthy heart fats & proteins, peanut butter is a complex-carb that reduces hunger pangs.
- Beetroot Juice: The beetroot juice is an instant energy booster. A glass full of beetroot juice will help you extend your exercise routine. Rich in Vitamin A & C it a stamina boosting food which uplifts the stamina levels. It helps reduce the feeling of fatigue and helps manage blood pressure. The high content of potassium, dietary fibers are just some of the things that make beetroot juice an ideal pre-workout food.
- Eggs: A great source of protein and one of the most nutritious foods, Eggs are an essential for stamina building. Rich in Vitamins, minerals & antioxidants, Eggs are wholesome foods that keep your energy levels upbeat all throughout the day. Even though it is high in cholesterol it doesn’t affect the level of blood in your cholesterol. Eggs help repair and regrow the muscles and body tissues. Eggs help burn calories and are regarded as one of the best sources of proteins. It has multiple amino acids that help rejuvenate the body.
- Pomegranate: Rich in minerals, antioxidants & vitamins the Pomegranate promotes healthy bones. It is a super food for the cardiovascular health and overall immunity of the human body. The high content of polyphenols in the pomegranates helps the body muscle against soreness and inflammation.
These best 7 foods to increase stamina for running can actually help you outpace your personal best. Increasing speed and performance are results of complex carbs, proteins, Vitamin C, Calcium & fats etc. The right food can make a big difference in your running performance.
It is not just about the stamina but foods help reduce risks of injury and fatigue.